Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Weekends Wireless

I shall pledge for discipline from today onwards. The fact where I used to wake up at 6.30am every day has became some long forgotten civilisation which needed a revival. Oh please remind me that my LLB Exams are like 125 days away and I'm still moping around either with extreme entertainment or moments of high tide emo. No good.

*

That aside, I attended DRC together with my Rotaract mates for three days in Hulu Langat. That place was so ulu that my phone line went dead for the period I was there and I only realised the missed calls and SMSes after leaving. Initially, I was quite unhappy because kiasu people like me view skipping classes as a cardinal sin. The idea of missing Wayne Morrison's existentialist class was like a uber WTF and missing Sunday classes added salt to the wound. I was cursing prior days to the event until somebody who I can't remember told me to shut up and remember my role as Secretary to the Club.

But the Conference proved me wrong that it was a waste of time. The talks are all interesting and inspiring, provided me with insights and enlightenment, (Okay it's weird to suggest, but I'm the kind of person who enjoy listening to talks). Initially I thought it would be some lame speaker but it turned out otherwise.


I enjoyed spending time with my fellow Rotaractors and talk crap with them. Getting closer to them as my friends is fun and pleasant. Moreover, it's an avenue to meet more new people and get to know new friends.


And proud to be from RAC ATC who once again, contributed the most number of participants to DRC=)


Prior departure.

*Disclaimer: All photos are stolen from Aaric Iskandar.

It was an experience of its kind, I'm glad I participated despite missing classes. But kiasuness never dies in Hui Ting, and hence I somehow manage to sprint to college right after DRC to attend Trust class. The point is at least, my conscience is fulfilled.


And shall I say, see you next year? =D

No comments: