Tuesday, December 4, 2007

After Reading

I just finished the book I borrowed from Shin Peih. It's entitled '第八号当铺', directly translating english, 'pawnshop no.8'. I know, this book has already been on the racks since ages ago, but since I have already 'disconnected' from the world of chinese novels, I decided to give it a try.

Not bad after all.

It's a story about dealings. In pawnshop no.8, one can exchange anyhting for anything.......meaning, you can exchange your body oragns, love, luck and anyhting else for success, glory, fame, money, prosperity...... Basically it is just like this. The part gets interesting when you see how they suffer under their own choices, sacrifices.......

I learnt something....appreciation.

But after reading, I kept thinking about the pawnshop. If, if, if and only if these were true, then would I baragin something for another? Maybe success, maybe wealth, maybe fame......then I would like to sacrifice something, but what would it be? Everyhting is precious to me. Success, wealth and fame can be earned over time, unnecessary to bargain them over my life.

Would you do so if given a chance to change your life? Fast and guaranteed. But at your own risk.

Enjoy.