Wednesday, April 14, 2010

But For

If she holds biasness, treating me with unfairness,
If she burdens me with responsibilities;
If she keeps reminding me how imperfect I am,
If she points out every mistake I make,
If she fails to acknowledge every achievement I make;
If she expects more than I can offer,
If she demands for the impossible,
If she makes me lose hope by telling me I'm less than I am,
If she reminds me of her disappointments in me,
If she demands for respect, even in odds,
If she impedes my freedom of expressing my opinions,
If she demands absolutely;
If she compares and makes unreasonable preferences;

But if she does everything so,
I cannot demand for more,
Because she gave me everything I am today, and I am thankful.
Because she is human, she have flaws I choose to understand.
Because she is my mother, so I chose to tolerate.

PS: I'm typing this while listening to my mum nag. LOL. How oxymoron this can be lol?