Thursday, December 11, 2008

Paradise Pangkor

Sunscreen lotion, shades, coconut trees and ang-mohs are included the typical experience of our Malaysian beaches. And of course if you're talking about not-so-lame beaches(definitely not PD because it's so darn polluted). Oh I'm back from Pangkor, one of the once very renowned tourists attractions. It's obviously not that spectacular if you want to compare it with Perhentian and Redang, but hang on, the place it's cooler than what I had expected. With the freakingly superb beach and the sun (but less ang-mohs) and with that I recommend Pangkor as the place for ultimate relaxation type of vacation. One you will just forget whatever bullshit that had happened in the city and just place your ass on the sands and just RELAX..

We took an express bus from KL to Lumut, the mainland, then took a ferry from the jetty to the Island. It was quite windy and cloudy that day. And I was pretty worried that it would rain and the weather will remain the same for the whole vacation. OMG I need the sun!!


On the deck it was very chilly. The ferry was speeding on the water and it produces lots of waves.


Anyway, we managed to camwhore.


We did pass by a fishing village as we took the ferry. Those type the houses built on slits above the seawater.

When we reached the resort it was past noon, so we dumped our stuff, took lunch and hop on a van to de-tour the island.

We stopped by a temple, which my friends loved.


So they went in to pray and I walked around to take pictures.


They built a mini Great Wall at the back of the temple.

Next we visited a fort built by the Dutch during the colonial era. It was actually destroyed by the Perak government then but now it had been restored to normal.


A part of the wall.

Day one ended like that. I was so tired, and fell asleep as my head touched the pillow.

The next morning we were woken by the crowing of a stupid cockerel, which was superbly annoying, and made me swore to roast it if I hear the damn crowing. But anyway, day two was beach day! But the weather was still chilly, so I felt a little disappointed. But never mind.

We went boat touring and snorkeling.


The uncle who drove the boat, who was also our guide, was unfortunately a noisy one, because he is kinda sot sot...and also I have no idea why he need to blast those pasar malam background music during our ride, and people who pass by looked at us one kind. =.=


He took us to an island, and according to the uncle, it's YTL's developed resort, which is also the only 5 star hotel at Pangkor. And look at those chalets, no wonder it costs a fortune to only staying for a night.


And we went snorkeling in those clear waters. The fishes are like swimming around me and it's frightenningly cool.


The uncle said that for more amazing results, we should snorkel with bread, so that the fishes will eat the bread and and swim close to us.

Nobody dared.

After the boat ride we arrived at the beach near the place we stayed and did whatever people used to do at beaches.


Then we spent the rest of the day having fun on the beach.


The best shot of the day. It's near dusk when I finally got tired of taking photos
so I called it a day.

The next afternoon I spent the whole day at beach, where the place it's deserted, less crowded and very very quiet. And it's just practical sitting in the shores, staring at the scenery and just think about nothing. Let go all emotion and memory. My mind went totally at ease there and it's really really very beautiful and addictive.


Plus the sun was really really sunny and blazing hot, which adds to the ideal atmosphere of a tropical getaway vacation.


And check out the water, it's clear and you can see fish swimming near the shores.


Another part of the orgasmic scenery. Check out the clouds.A perfect blend with a totally beautiful beach.


And this was where I got my 4 tones darkened skin. The scenery was so darn spectacular I can't resist it. I'm so addicted to it. And I paid the price for it.

So after been to rehab for beach addiction(going back to bath), I came back near sunset and stayed till twilight. Sunset was very breathtaking as well.


This scene is from the place where there was lots of people and boats.


Spectacular right? It just took my breath away.


This shot is from the boats.


This is where the sun is setting beyond the horizon, beneath the lone island at the centre of the ocean.


Setting sun. From the rocks by the shores. It's really windy there. I can taste the salty sea air as the breeze blow by.....


The sea at twilight. It's amazing. I dunno how to explain by words, but the view is just heavenly. It's definitely not the type of sky you can see in KL.

The next morning we left Pangkor. Aih....Back to hectic lifestlye.


Gloomy jetty...Started to miss the island a lot...

I will miss Pangkor because of the beach and the experience, and I leave my footsteps behind as my memory.



And HELLO KL.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wah!! I like pictures that u took at dusk. I, sing yi & yee may went to the town at that time. Feel a bit regret cause din follow u & miss the amazing scene. Although pangkor is not as beautiful as redang n the other islang in M'sia, but i still miss the beaches, salty sea, our crazy n loud laughter & the "kampung " life there. Everything there is so relaxing... it's vy suitable for life after retirement. ^-^ Miss u !! :) Rmb to call me when u plan to go to travel nxt tme.

Anonymous said...

I'm Yen Yuen. The 1st comment is posted by me! :)

Twinkle Tinker Twins said...

magnificent view !!!!

'u make me cant wait to go to my penang trip man.'

-lol-

huiting said...

yoongsin, LOL!
yen yuen, yeah sure...next time call you guys out again!

oakleyses said...

tory burch outlet, polo ralph lauren, prada handbags, louis vuitton outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, coach outlet, gucci handbags, christian louboutin outlet, nike air max, cheap oakley sunglasses, jordan shoes, michael kors outlet online, nike shoes, longchamp outlet online, nike free, coach outlet store online, christian louboutin shoes, longchamp handbags, michael kors outlet, louis vuitton handbags, nike air max, true religion outlet, burberry outlet online, longchamp outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, michael kors outlet online, red bottom shoes, prada outlet, coach purses, tiffany and co jewelry, ray ban outlet, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, oakley vault, kate spade handbags, oakley sunglasses, kate spade outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, true religion, michael kors outlet store, burberry outlet online, chanel handbags, coach outlet, michael kors outlet online, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin

oakleyses said...

lululemon outlet, nfl jerseys, babyliss pro, ugg, valentino shoes, mcm handbags, north face jackets, nike huarache, instyler ionic styler, nike trainers, canada goose outlet, ferragamo shoes, roshe run, soccer jerseys, giuseppe zanotti, canada goose, chi flat iron, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes, ugg outlet, ugg soldes, canada goose outlet, herve leger, new balance outlet, birkin bag, wedding dresses, insanity workout, beats headphones, north face outlet, celine handbags, reebok shoes, vans outlet, rolex watches, hollister, abercrombie and fitch, uggs on sale, canada goose outlet, marc jacobs outlet, mont blanc pens, p90x workout, jimmy choo shoes, uggs outlet, ghd, bottega veneta, longchamp, asics shoes, ugg boots