Thursday, August 19, 2010

Extraordinary

Have you ever wonder why is ordinary, ordinary? Why do the majority stays ordinary to contrast the extraordinary? Since time in memorial, we know people who are famous, remember events that rises out of the blue. Nobody bothers with routine, average joes and plain janes. The majority however seems not to have any problem living along these lines, arguing peace and serenity above all. No doubt it ensures a life without much turbulence, guarantees happiness with the partake of content and satisfaction. When you do things that everyone does, you live in the safe bubble of acceptance and consistent pace with everyone else. The comfort zone you stay in say, becomes an entire lifetime for most of the human beings out there. They leave the world leaving behind only their tombstone for material memory. Three generations later, nobody in your family even remembers your name. Several later, your contribution to the world, so little, diminishes as later generations invent and fill in the blanks of what society needs at that time. You became nobody, like millions of them who had left the world only leaving behind remains in a cemetery.

For one thing I know, I'll be that lost soul that steps out of the comfort zone and risk my everything, and give in anything. No matter how much everyone disagrees, or discourages, I shall not steer, I shall not fall. For if I have lost everything for something, I'll get it. And damn I'll get it in the end. I am just someone who is unwilling to live in the norm, be contented with what has been given. I want more, and I want it better.

So they say: a hundred mile journey starts with a small step. Yeah, I'm running fast now.

No comments: