Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas

On Christmas eve, I fell sick. I had diarrhea and vomited twice on the bathroom floor after I abruptly woke from my sleep during midnight, and I literally camped the toilet for a few hours. Seriously dehydrated and lacking rest, I had fever. My head and body ached all over and the slightest movement caused so much pain I have to strand myself on the bed. I slept for six hours in the empty house, didn't even bother to switch on the lights when night falls, didn't even eat a single thing for the whole day. It was Christmas eve, the whole family was out. I was depressed, angry, alone and in agony. I felt I was treated unfairly, and I was all alone when I needed support and care the most. Fury and anger overwhelmed me eventually.

But stop, and I thought for a second. I closed my already tired eyes and prayed. It is Christmas, and as it goes, remember the reason for the season...

When the time struck 12, I was glad that there were messages either to return me wishes and greetings, or for comfort. I was laughing when rolled inside my sheets, holding my phone, checking messages on Facebook and SMSes. The next day, Christmas, I felt better after a few painkillers for the head, and I was fine by noon. We had family dinner together and I was happy that my prayers were answered and I had a good time with my family.


Christmas, is about faith, the Saviour who died for all our sins. I thank God for everything He has ever blessed me, and the prayers in my life which He answers. Miracles happens, and I'll continue to live my His image and be awed with the wonders He creates in my life. =)