Friday, July 10, 2009

Financial Prudence (Right...)

Had breakfast with mum this morning at Old Town White Coffee. As usual and without fail, her mumblings and nagging which made up the story of my life.

Mum:
You know the aunty living opposite, she doesn't work. Her income is all property based. That's why I always say, it's important for you to save money and invest on property.

Me:
Right.

Mum:
And your tuition income and your loan, should transfer into my account for safeguard purposes. You, I know very well, all the money spent on shopping. All the clothes in your wardrobe.

Me:
No way. My money okay? Besides it's sufficient for the entire month. No more no less.

Mum:
Nonsense. Ee Von's got only 200 bucks for the entire month and she's breathing.

Me:
Noh. How to survive with 200 bucks per month, this is KL not some reclusive lifestyle we're living in okay?

Mum:
Nah. Her mum confirms with me. And she has got no internet access as well. See, people can be so thrifty, unlike you.

Me:
So what do you reckon?

Mum:
Each month you transfer 200 bucks for me. I will invest for you. And once the loan gets approved, all the money, goes to my account. I don't want you to spend on some shopping spree or get cheated.

Me:
Wha-

Mum:
And I've seen your wardrobe. All those clothes, brand new and all. How come you have so much money for shopping? That's it, no shopping for the month.

Me:
Noooo... Mega Sales is this month wey...

Mum:
So? Mega sales or not, no buying stuff. Period.

Me:
Right....

*

Believe this? Life without shopping would be so bland and lifeless and zzzz...


Me no likey ><


God! Rain money on me please!

I want to shop! psssst...><

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ahahahha my mom would vote me " BEST DAUGHTER AWARD" if i never go shopping too lol but too bad that's not whats happening hehe

huiting said...

lmao joyce. Yeah right, best daughter..

Twinkle Tinker Twins said...

haha.
salute evon. i think even in paris 200 bucks also cannot survive.

huiting said...

LMAO. You tell my mum that dude.