Sunday, February 14, 2010

CNY 2010


Started with reunion dinner at grandma's place.


Proceeded with camwhoring session. (The rest of the photos are in FB)


We webcam-ed with our aunt and uncle who lives in Japan after dinner.


And somebody got drunk during desert.


But we still stayed around until one in the morning to see our lantern fly to the night sky, carrying wishes for the new year.

*

I so do not get the idea of celebrating CNY like secara besar besaran because excluding family gatherings, the gluttony, overspending and fuss, it's simply not worth it. I don't see the particular need to exaggerate it. And I hate the drama and whatever fashion or beauty runway competition which takes place every year during reunion. It sounds too politicalised to be ignored and I am of a person with a kiasu ambition. Plus, I had a really bad time during the first day of CNY thanks to mum initiating the drama and all. I being a sucker started studying public law for a while (Yeah JJ, you definitely scared the crap out of me) and glued my face to the PC for hours watching movies. So honestly CNY is the same to me like every other day, well, except for the fact mum is at home grunting and scolding for basically everything she lay her sight on. Gosh, I am so hating every moment I spend time at home man. I just wish I could go back to college where my life takes place without interruptions. I sound like a whiny workaholic because I am. I love law more than CNY. *Winks*

Anticipating Friday to come soon. I need my assignments commented.

No comments: