Friday, January 23, 2009

The Chogalore

One thing I simply love during CNY is the food. And unmistakably words like bakua, lapcheong, cookies and mandarin oranges will come to the shopping list. Well, I am never a fan of bakuas and lapcheongs, the only thing I fancy among the assortment of delicacies during the celebrations are:

COOKIES.

However, I freakingly HATED to bake. The whole process sucked up totally to me except for the eating part. Heck. Because when it comes to baking, I will get the most gruesome task such as scrubbing pans, cleaning bowls, mopping the oily floor...So unless mum really wanted to bake (of whatever reasons), I would have just accompany her to buy cookies from known dealers. Like last year, mum just bought a crate of Ferrero Rocher and that's all. No more long hours sitting at the kitchen banging my ass off while making kuih bangkit.

While most baking sessions involving my participation were unpleasant ones with me either showing a sour face or an annoying attitude, so no photos were taken simply because I had no mood. So this particular string of photos were taken due to my overexcitement about the chocolate cookies baking thingy.

These particular cookies are quite popular. So I think most already know how does it taste like. The flavour just varies depending on the amount of almond powder you use and the type of chocolate coating you use.

So in the end it was:


Tray one up close.


Tray one: actual size.


Tray one and two combined.


Another type.


Tray No.3.


White chocolate coating.


The galore.

I bloody lurve CNY. Yes, because of the food. It doesn't taste first class, but I still enjoyed savoring success.