Sunday, January 10, 2010

Check Out The Countdown Box

Time flies. The last moment, I am still fighting the dilemma of choosing colleges, the time spent shopping like a madwoman in Pavilion, the only thing to worry is about where to have lunch. Now it's about the REAL LLB exams in which the schedule was out and stuck on the main notice board yesterday. Where it took me by fright and I nearly stumbled when walking down the stairs, obviously still in shocked mode.

Honestly, I am DEAD scared. No joke. I may walk around as if I know a lot but actually law is something you can never finish studying. So it's about how concise and complete you can cram whatever you have learned into a sixteen page answer within three hours. Which is something I lack: practice. And it's just not the only thing I lack. I am scared because I am unprepared. I know very little as I missed out classes here and there and I do very little research. Well, not that I will fail but definitely it would require more effort to score. Sighs.

It was quite a while I found this fire burning passion to excel hence I stayed in college to revise and research but unfortunately the fire died quite shortly because it was tiring and temptations took over. Now I regret for not persevering enough because if I were to take the extra mile then, it would have made a difference now. So I promise myself to push my physical and mental abilities to the extreme for these 120 remaining days. Doesn't matter if it requires sacrifice, pain or fatigue. Fun time has ended long ago and I had more than enough of play time, and now, it's time to get work done. Yay! I have to feel happy for myself for loving law=)


The enthusiasm starts by pulling out books and spreading across notes. Hopefully it lasts. Work! work! work!!


My customised revision calendar for January. I photostated for each member in my revision group, with the hope that they appreciate my hard work.

I pray hard for success. Because if I don't do well, who will? Hahahaha, that's a bit syok sendiri. But I have the confidence in myself to score. I just have this little philosophy about kiasu-ness. Maybe you might be wondering why I am talking all about my studying and revision progress and maybe you will be asking why I am telling everyone in the world what I am and will be going to revise later on. Maybe you might also be wondering why I show my notes to my friends, my research work, my timetable, like sharing almost everything. I just think that many would believe that studying is personal, and definitely it is, and exams is about competition, which obviously isn't. The kiasu-ness in a lot of people rendered me in quite a blur state, but actually I don't blame people for being a little self centered when it comes to things like this. I however would beg to differ, because I believe in synergising success, the power of multiplying outcome by cooperation of input. So i wouldn't hesitate to share whatever I know with other fellow classmates, eventhough they do not do the same to me. I had thought about how unfair things would get before, but it came to me that, whatever way people behave, they should not change the way I act. Because if I in turn wanted revenge, and act equally kiasu, and in the end, I would be one of them. Haha, Hui Ting is no such person. I know if I have a generous heart, I will get rewarded accordingly. God works in miraculous ways. =)

I am in a pretty good mood today. Maybe it's the long nap I had this afternoon. Maybe it's the fact I've finally got back the enthusiasm for studies. Maybe it's the inner peace I managed to achieve after struggling within issues of blending in and principles I vow to stand by. Maybe it's after watching too much supernatural. lolz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!